WeWALK Android Changelog
1.4.0 – 10 September 2019
We have been hard at work to improve WeWALK based on all your feedback. Thanks to everyone for your ongoing help and support, we have made significant improvements to navigation and the overall user experience.
We have added changelogs in this popup. You will now be able to read about our latest updates and improvements here. To see this again, press the Release History button on the Tutorials tab.
- We made significant improvements to our navigation calculation, as well as several visual adjustments and overall improvements to performance.
- There was a problem in step transitions when arriving at turn points, we corrected this so next-step instructions will now occur at the right time.
- You will now be told if your destination is to your left or right side.
- Two consecutive ‘head straight’ directions will now appear as one straight stage to reduce confusion and improve navigation simplicity.
- You can now adjust the frequency of audio navigation cues based on the number of meters walked.
- In some cases, the start point of navigation may be slightly further away from you (such as when navigation is started in an indoor or unpaved area); we now give walking information to the starting point in these cases.
- A click sound has been added when each navigation step is completed to let you know that you are now on the next step of your journey.
- If you get a navigation error somewhere or the calculated route seems incorrect, you can use the “Restart Navigation” option by swiping down on WeWALK during navigation.
- A navigation summary can be found by swiping up on WeWALK, we have changed our phrases to make the navigation brief more understandable.
- Resolved an error in the ‘navigation complete’ notification.
- We have optimized the voices used in the voice menu to make them easier to hear and understand.
- Destination search results are now sorted by distance on the location search screen.