WeWALK Android Changelog
2.1.0 – 12 February 2020
- Previously, we did not provide warnings when you walked in the opposite direction during navigation. In this version, if you exceed 20 meters (66 feet) in the wrong direction, you will hear a warning. After hearing this warning, the navigation direction will be updated. For example, when you miss a turn to the left, you will hear the return warning and the direction will be updated as turn right.
- We previously computed steps according to your distance relative to the merging point of two roads, rather than the shape of the road. We have changed this so that you will no longer have issues such as “Navigation stuck on this step”, or “Step can’t be completed”.
- (In the meantime, a small tip; if the direction says turn left, it is very useful to walk from the left of the road, this helps not to miss a step and increase safety.)
- In the navigation stages, we have added clock directions to supplement the “right/left turn” instructions. If you come across two left-turning roads at a crossroad, the new clockwise information will be useful. 🙂
- If GPS accuracy problems are detected, you will hear a sound over the WeWALK smart cane. If a headset is connected, you will be able to hear this sound through the headset. Position artifacting has also been reduced to improve navigation reliability. You will also be able to see the amount of deviation on the screen, although the amount of deviation is not critical during navigation.
- We added street names into the navigation steps. (Currently working on some streets)
- Locations can now be saved and backed up so that they are available even if you swap phones. Just sign in to your account and your saved locations will right back. If you don’t have an account, create one on the profile tab.
- We’ve resolved issues with logging into Amazon Alexa. This problem existed because of a bug that remained in a very, very small corner.
2.0.0 – 25 December 2019
- We have great news! Our public transportation feature is now available in more than 1500 cities around the world!
- Your personal data is yours and we respect your right not to share it. Accordingly, we’ve to make optional the date of birth field.
- We show the location accuracy on the home screen to inform you while saving a location to avoid saving the wrong location.
- We’ve solved a problem while signing up.
1.8.0 – 11 December 2019
- We’re supporting more countries now. We’ve added Spanish, Italian, French support.
- We have increased the volume of the voice menu sounds a little more, if you experience distortions, please let us know.
- We added imperial unit support. You can choose lbs for weight and feet/inch for distance.
- “What’s around me?” feature added. In this way, you can get information about the cafes, restaurants and nearby places while walking on the road via WeWALK smart cane and mobile application.
- We now support the search of streets in the search box. We have removed the search limit of 8200 feet. You can search anywhere. Note: We still do not recommend taking pedestrian navigation when the destination is more than 2.5 km away.
- We’ve added notifications about location deviation on the home screen and when saving a location. If the location deviation exceeds a certain distance, we have added warning so that you won’t record the wrong position.
- Fixed a problem where the location was saved but not the current position when it was saved.
- We’ve made arrangements for access to location service. Now location updates will be more seamless.
- We have added a numeric ID to the Preferences screen at below. When you have a problem, we will be able to understand it more clearly with the ID you shared with us.
- It is very important that the application is up-to-date. We’ve added an update check so you don’t miss updates. You’ll be able to see notifications the first time you open the app.
- We have solved the problem of opening the application when you click on the WeWALK website links.
- We changed the short sound when you clicked “where is my phone” from the voice menu. iPhone’s standard ringtone will be played now. When you find your phone, you can stop the ringtone by tapping the “I found my phone” button. The phone will also stop ringing when you tap to the notification on the lock screen.
- Fixed an issue wherein some cases navigation comes with too long.
1.6.0 – 5 November 2019
We’ve been busy and made some significant upgrades to the entire WeWALK user experience!
- Firstly, we’ve added Portuguese and Arabic support.
- Now we have another great new feature! You will be informed directly through WeWALK about which bus will arrive and when at the bus stop. This feature is available both on voice menu and mobile application. You can try it immediately by finding the “stops around me” option in the cane’s menu. Double-click the WeWALK touchpad to open the menu.
- Note: Currently, this feature is only available in Istanbul. Please contact us for the demands of different cities.
- As always, thank you for your ongoing support and feedback and we hope you enjoy using the new update!
1.5.0 – 16 October 2019
In this version, WeWALK app has been completely refreshed! What’s more, this version brings great innovations to your WeWALK cane.
First, we’ve upgraded WeWALK’s screens. Now we’ve become fully available for the low vision users! You can control the size and colours of the texts with the visual preferences feature. Also, we just want to announce it again; you don’t need a WeWALK cane to use the WeWALK application.
Now we have another great new feature! You will be informed directly through WeWALK about which bus will arrive and when at the bus stop. This feature is available only via WeWALK canes. You can try it immediately by finding the “stops around me” option in the cane’s menu. Double-click the WeWALK touchpad to open the menu.
Note: Currently, this feature is only available in Istanbul. Please contact us for the demands of different cities.
We were aware that the sound of the WeWALK cane was low when we were using the WeWALK cane. We’ve been working on this for a while. And now, WeWALK’s voice is louder. To try it out now, connect your WeWALK cane to your phone and double-click the WeWALK touchpad. Besides that, we also solved the problem of occasional sound distortion when using the WeWALK application.
The integrations screen was a bit confusing; We’ve moved features such as start navigation, view the current location and save location to the homepage.
Now, you can see where you are at any time directly on the WeWALK home screen.
Now, to connect the WeWALK cane to your phone, just open the application and your WeWALK cane. It will automatically connect to your phone.
We’ve now gathered preferences and settings in one place, in the preferences tab. The integrations tab is now replaced by the homepage and preferences tab.
With the arrangements we have made on the profile screen, there is now a simpler screen and we have made some improvements for data management. In the meantime, you must log in with your WeWALK account. If you have any problems, it will be easier to fix if you are logged in.
Your personal data is entrusted to us! We make invisible changes in each update to better protect your data.
1.4.0 – 10 September 2019
We have been hard at work to improve WeWALK based on all your feedback. Thanks to everyone for your ongoing help and support, we have made significant improvements to navigation and the overall user experience.
We have added changelogs in this popup. You will now be able to read about our latest updates and improvements here. To see this again, press the Release History button on the Tutorials tab.
- We made significant improvements to our navigation calculation, as well as several visual adjustments and overall improvements to performance.
- There was a problem in step transitions when arriving at turn points, we corrected this so next-step instructions will now occur at the right time.
- You will now be told if your destination is to your left or right side.
- Two consecutive ‘head straight’ directions will now appear as one straight stage to reduce confusion and improve navigation simplicity.
- You can now adjust the frequency of audio navigation cues based on the number of meters walked.
- In some cases, the start point of navigation may be slightly further away from you (such as when navigation is started in an indoor or unpaved area); we now give walking information to the starting point in these cases.
- A click sound has been added when each navigation step is completed to let you know that you are now on the next step of your journey.
- If you get a navigation error somewhere or the calculated route seems incorrect, you can use the “Restart Navigation” option by swiping down on WeWALK during navigation.
- A navigation summary can be found by swiping up on WeWALK, we have changed our phrases to make the navigation brief more understandable.
- Resolved an error in the ‘navigation complete’ notification.
- We have optimized the voices used in the voice menu to make them easier to hear and understand.
- Destination search results are now sorted by distance on the location search screen.