WeWALK iOS Changelog
1.5.0 – 18 October 2019
In this version, WeWALK app has been completely refreshed! What’s more, this version brings great innovations to your WeWALK cane.
First, we’ve upgraded WeWALK’s screens. Now we’ve become fully available for the low vision users! You can control the size and colors of the texts with the visual preferences feature. Also, we just want to announce it again; you don’t need a WeWALK cane to use the WeWALK application.
Now we have another great new feature! You will be informed directly through WeWALK about which bus will arrive and when at the bus stop. This feature is available only via WeWALK canes. You can try it immediately by finding the “stops around me” option in the cane’s menu. Double-click the WeWALK touchpad to open the menu.
Note: Currently, this feature is only available in Istanbul. Please contact us for the demands of different cities.
We were aware that the sound of the WeWALK cane was low when we were using the WeWALK cane. We’ve been working on this for a while. And now, WeWALK’s voice is louder. To try it out now, connect your WeWALK cane to your phone and double-click the WeWALK touchpad. Besides that, we also solved the problem of occasional sound distortion when using the WeWALK application.
The integrations screen was a bit confusing; We’ve moved features such as start navigation, view the current location and save location to the homepage.
Now, you can see where you are at any time directly on the WeWALK home screen.
Now, to connect the WeWALK cane to your phone, just open the application and your WeWALK cane. It will automatically connect to your phone.
We’ve now gathered preferences and settings in one place, in the preferences tab. The integrations tab is now replaced by the homepage and preferences tab.
With the arrangements we have made on the profile screen, there is now a simpler screen and we have made some improvements for data management. In the meantime, you must log in with your WeWALK account. If you have any problems, it will be easier to fix if you are logged in.
Your personal data is entrusted to us! We make invisible changes in each update to better protect your data.
1.4.0 – 10 September 2019
We have been hard at work to improve WeWALK based on all your feedback. Thanks to everyone for your ongoing help and support, we have made significant improvements to navigation and the overall user experience.
We have added change logs in this popup. You will now be able to read about our latest updates and improvements here. To see this again, press the Release History button on the Tutorials tab.
- We made significant improvements to our navigation calculation, as well as several visual adjustments and overall improvements to performance.
- There was a problem in step transitions when arriving at turn points, we corrected this so next-step instructions will now occur at the right time.
- You will now be told if your destination is to your left or right side.
- Two consecutive ‘head straight’ directions will now appear as one straight stage to reduce confusion and improve navigation simplicity.
- You can now adjust the frequency of audio navigation cues based on the number of meters walked.
- In some cases, the start point of navigation may be slightly further away from you (such as when navigation is started in an indoor or unpaved area); we now give walking information to the starting point in these cases.
- A click sound has been added when each navigation step is completed to let you know that you are now on the next step of your journey.
- If you get a navigation error somewhere or the calculated route seems incorrect, you can use the “Restart Navigation” option by swiping down on WeWALK during navigation.
- A navigation summary can be found by swiping up on WeWALK, we have changed our phrases to make the navigation brief more understandable.
- Resolved an error in the ‘navigation complete’ notification.
- We have optimized the voices used in the voice menu to make them easier to hear and understand.
- Destination search results are now sorted by distance on the location search screen.
- We have added a picker to the language change button, you can change the language with fewer clicks.
- Enable switch for Google Maps screen has been removed so you can start navigating without additional clicks.
- We have adjusted the obstacle detection distance setting by sliding your finger up and down.
1.3.5 – Aug 23, 2019
Problems has been solved at location search screen.
Some problems about Amazon Alexa has been solved.
1.3.4 – Jul 19, 2019
An accessibility problem has been solved which affects connection switch.
1.3.3 – Jun 5, 2019
- While navigating, we have received some feedbacks like the distance is increasing abruptly while the distance is decreasing. When we examined the problem, we found that it was not fully comprehensible that a new phase of navigation has started. In order to increase comprehensibility, we added the step number to each of the steps. If you encounter a situation where the distance suddenly increases, you can see whether the number of steps has increased. Note: In the following stages we intend to provide an easier experience with more intuitive improvements.
- We added the Registration and Profile screens. This way, you can create your account for next personal features, now. In addition, with this development, you will be able to manage the data you allow under GDPR. If you have a WeWALK account for any request for protection of personal data, there will be a possibility to access requested information tagged with profile feature. We recommend that all WeWALK users register and create their profiles. Note: You can find detailed information about your personal data and the collected data at the section of the legal texts in the application.
- While navigation, there were “End Navigation” button displayed on the screen. We changed the end navigation action because this button caused confusion. During the navigation, you can swipe from the bottom to the top of the WeWALK on the touchpad to reach End Navigation option.
- When your device is fully charged, we give a notification now. In addition, WeWALK device gives a sound when it is fully charged, even if it is not connected with pair application.
- We fixed the problem with the navigation sound not being heard and the voice menu not working after the screen has locked. One of the most important features of WeWALK was that “no need to hold the phone”. With this solution, we hope you can experience WeWALK better.
- The problem that caused the sound to come from the ear speaker was solved.
- Even though you were on the right track during navigation, “wrong direction” warning was occurring. We have now removed this feature to resolve the issue quickly. We will add this feature when we make it more stable. So how do you know if you’re on the wrong path now? In fact, one of the methods you are familiar with, you can be sure that you are moving in the right direction by controlling the decrease or increase in distance as you walk.
- Fixed issue where saved locations in voice menu do not appear.
- The problem with saving location via application is solved.
- Fixed the issue that the microphone was not triggered when using Alexa integration. When you press and hold the microphone on your WeWALK, your phone listens to you and Alexa replies.
- The info in the integration screens was editable and erasable. The problem of deletion of the integration info has solved.
- When your device and your application are in English, some text and screens were Turkish. We’ve fixed language problem at texts.
- Fixed the problem of application crash because of the deletion of a saved location.
- Fixed the issue where the application wasn’t showing “Charging” information while the device was charging.
- Corrected special “Actions” (an iOS feature that provides additional options for lists and buttons, used with a swipe up and down) for editing the list of saved locations.
- Fixed “This location is already saved” error when trying to save a new location.
- Incorrect info changed in voice menu information page. Simply double-click on the touchpad to open the voice menu.
1.3.2 – Apr 25, 2019
- According to your feedbacks, we’re started to give simple directions with distance info.
- With the latest version of voice menu, you’ll do different things over WeWALK, while your phone at your pocket. Let’s check, what’s new on voice menu!
- Amazon Alexa is more stable now. After login with your Amazon account, you can ask anything to Alexa over WeWALK. (Note: we recommend to use headphone.)
- To increase stability of WeWALK device, we make tap & hold gesture as a setting. You may assign this gesture to microphone or horn function from management screen.
- We’ve fixed some problems seen by some users.
Is there something you think, WeWALK might be better? You can always contact us. 🙂
1.0 – Jul 4, 2018